I’m not too sure. I don’t even quite know what it means, however I think it’s suppose to be the sound one makes when they’re devouring something entirely delicious. So if that’s the case, then I was definitely nom nom nomming when I had these Melting Moments for the first time 🙂
These Melting Moments are AMAZING!! The shortbread biscuit is very light, buttery and falls away perfectly once bitten into, and its teaming with the buttercream and strawberry jam balances out the textures and sweetness in a way that definitely warrants a nom nom nomming dance routine to go with it 😛
The shortbread biscuit calls for custard powder, which I think makes the secret ingredient to the biscuit base. I piped buttercream and strawberry jam between the layers, but any types of jam would work. You could even omit the jam entirely and add in some lemon zest and juice into the buttercream for a citrus flavor instead – there are so many different variations that you could play around with.
Definitely give this recipe a go, and experience the nom nom nomming! 😀
Recipe taken from To Food With Love
180g (6oz) unsalted butter
60g (2oz) icing sugar, sifted
60g (2oz) custard powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
180g (6oz) plain flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
– For biscuits, cream butter for two minutes in an electric mixer.
– Add icing sugar and custard powder and beat until combined.
– Roll dough into 10g balls (about 1 tsp), place on a baking paper lined baking tray and press each ball with a fork to leave an indent.
– Bake biscuits for about 12 – 14 minutes or until light golden. Stand on trays 5 minutes to cool then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
– For buttercream, whisk butter and vanilla until smooth.
– Add icing sugar and beat until mixture forms a paste, the consistency of thick icing.
– Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a small star nozzle.
– To assemble, place a spoonful of strawberry jam on the base of half the biscuits.
– Pipe the buttercream in a circle onto the base of the other half of the biscuits.
– Gently press one of each biscuit together to form a melting moment.
– Dust with icing sugar before serving if preferred.